As a member of a regulated industry, and a chartered member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT), we have obligations to ensure that we undertake certain checks before confirming employment. They also help us to make safer recruitment decisions and are designed to always be appropriate and proportionate to the type of role offered.
The checks required will vary depending on the role you are offered, but our standard process includes:
- References – we look to undertake two satisfactory references on your behalf. One should be from your current employer.
- Identity check – proof of identity and address required.
- Professional qualification validation, if appropriate.
- Voluntary disclosure of unspent criminal convictions.
- Conflict of interests check.
- New joiner information such as your bank details, NI number and P45.
- Right to work check.
If the role you are offered is a senior role, e.g. director or associate director level, and/or affords you access to bank accounts, further pre-employment checks are required to ensure safer recruitment decisions. These include:
- Basic DBS check – this is a certificate detailing any criminal convictions which we will require you to obtain. Please note, if this is requested, we will not also ask for voluntary disclosure of unspent criminal convictions.
- We will undertake a check via a third-party electronic database, SmartSearch, which runs various checks against publicly available information, including credits checks, checks against sanctions watchlists and databases for political exposed persons and adverse media reports.
If you have any concerns about our pre-employment checks in relation to the role you wish to apply for, please contact the talent acquisition team for a confidential discussion.