Last year we won ‘business of the year (11-50 employees)’ and we’re pleased to now be so firmly established in the Bristol and South West business community. We look forward to attending the awards ceremony at Ashton Gate stadium at the end of the month, with many of the other wonderful businesses in our region.
Simon Brown for entrepreneur of the year 2017
Our founder and managing director Simon Brown has been shortlisted for entrepreneur of the year. This is his third solo business award shortlisting of 2017. He has already won the Institute of Directors South West young director of the year, and is shortlisted for the Institute of Directors national young director of the year at their UK Finals awards of 2017 (still awaiting final judgement).
It is strong independent recognition of Simon’s vision, leadership and business skills. The whole team are massively proud of him, and our executive chairman Dr Mark Mason MBE had this to say:
From initial idea to what ForrestBrown is today, all Simon has ever needed from me was a nudge to get on and do it. In just three and half years Simon has built a business that disrupts its industry, attracts top talent and delivers fantastic results for its clients. I might be Simon’s mentor, but in fact it is actually me that looks up to him. He has turned what could have been a good business idea into a brilliant success story.Dr Mark Mason MBE
ForrestBrown for employer of the year 2017
ForrestBrown’s shortlisting for employer of the year feels extra special, as we have invested significantly in developing our employee value proposition this year. This involved commissioning an independent piece of research to find out what it means to ForrestBrown-ers to work here, and what others outside our firm thought about us too.
Earlier this year we launched a new website for our careers brand, and a hosted a gin mixer event for more than 100 friends and acquaintances from across Bristol. But we feel being shortlisted for employer of the year runs much deeper than this.
- Creating an inspiring culture that recognises effort and skill over sharp suits.
- Aiming for, and achieving, a diverse workforce including a near 50:50 gender balance.
- Promoting staff health and well-being with Work-out Wednesdays.
- Rewarding hard work and success with team and individual bonus structures.
- Training the next generation of tax professionals with our Learning Lab and support through their professional qualifications.
- Fantastic Christmas trips – last year it was wine tasting and cycling in Lisbon, Portugal. Most recently, we spent our summer away day at Usk Castle in Wales:
Join the ForrestBrown team
We’re always on the lookout for new talent. So if you’re thinking ‘where next?’ or simply have a question about careers at ForrestBrown, we’d love to hear from you.