Terms and conditions
ForrestBrown, a registered trademark of ForrestBrown Limited (“we”), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. By visiting www.forrestbrown.co.uk or careers.forrestbrown.co.uk (our sites) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is ForrestBrown Limited of Grosvenor House, 149 Whiteladies Road, Bristol, BS8 2RA.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. Specifically, information about you which you provide by corresponding with us by phone, email, contact form or otherwise. It includes information you give us when you register to use our sites, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our sites. The information you provide may include your name, address, email address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. On each visit to our site, we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our sites (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our client office number.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our sites.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To contact you in relation to jobs you have expressed an interest in via our careers site.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- As part of our efforts to keep our sites safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Disclosure of your information
In some circumstances, we will disclose your personal information to third parties. For instance:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation and other agreements.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of ForrestBrown Limited, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Security of your personal data
It should be noted that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we may use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our sites contain links to third party websites. If you follow such a link, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies, and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.